Toycathon 2021 Grand Finale: Union Minister Women and Child Development and Textiles (MoWCD) Smriti Zubin Irani and Minister of State for Education Sanjay Dhotre virtually inaugurated Toycathon 2021 grand finale on 22 June 2021.
- The Toycathon 2021 is being organized jointly by the Ministry of Education (MoE) in coordination with five other Ministries viz: Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Ministry of Commerce &Industry, Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises, and Ministry of Textiles.
- This inter-ministerial Toycathon focuses on conceptualizing new and innovative toys using local materials which are economical, affordable, safe, environment friendly, with exceptional high quality for both Indian and global markets.
- About 17749 individual teams submitted the ideas at Toycathon 2021.
The ongoing Toy Hackathon have 3 tracks:
Track 1 for Junior Level Participants i.e., primarily SCHOOL STUDENTS. They mainly focus on designing toys for kids of age group 0-3 years and 4-10 years.
Track 2 for Senior Level Participants i.e., students and faculty from Higher education institutions. This group focus on developing concepts for 0-3 years, 4-10 and 11 years and above. This segment primarily focused on Electronics, Sensors, Mechatronics, and toys based on AI and ML approaches, AR-VR-XR and Robotics.
Track 3 for Startup-Professional Level that incudes overall innovation and development of prototypes. These prototypes are expected to enable toy industry in boosting up the production along with improving the quality of toys in Indian market.
About the Toycathon Grand Finale:
- During three-day Toycathon 2021 grand finale, participating teams of all tracks will be mentored through specialized mentoring session in morning half of the day and then they will be evaluated in later half of the day for initial two days and then there will be a power judging round for participating teams to declare winners for Toycathon 2021 Digital Edition.
- For this purpose, Ministry of Education Innovation Cell has engaged 645 mentors and evaluators for 1567participating teams.
- 85 Nodal centers have been selected to support Ministry of Educations Innovation Cell and All India Council for Technical Education, which are the organizing agencies for this Inter-ministerial Toycathon.
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Union Minister for WCD and Textiles Smriti Zubin Irani had jointly launched Toycathon-2021 on 7 January 2021.
- The initiative aims to tap India’s one billion dollar toy market, involving the innovative prowess of the country’s 33 crore students.
- The ministers also launched the Toycathon portal that conceptualizes innovative toys based on the Indian value system which inculcates positive behavior and good values among the children.
- The launch of Toycathon is an endeavor by the government to create an ecosystem for the domestic toy industry and the local manufacturers, tapping the untapped resources and utilizing their potential.