Tokyo Paralympics 2020: On 3 September 2021, Indian Para-athlete Praveen Kumar bagged the silver medal in Men’s High Jump T64 event.
- Praveen jumped 2.07 metre while Great Britain’s Jonathan Broom-Edwards took the gold with a season-best of 2.10 metre in the event.
- With the win, India’s medal tally at Tokyo Paralympics has risen to 11 with two Gold medals, six Silver and three Bronze medals.
- In Badminton, Shuttler Suhas Yathiraj, Tarun Dhillon and Manoj Sarkar have won their respective Group matches of Men’s Singles.
- While Yathiraj defeated Susanto Hary of Indonesia 21-6, 21-12 in group B encounter of SL4 event.
- Dhillon overcame South Korea’s Hwan Kyung Shin 21-18, 15-21, 21-17 in another group B match of SL4 event.
- Sarkar defeated Oleksandr Chyrkov of Ukraine 21-16, 21-9 in Group A match of SL3 Category.
- In Archery, Harvinder Singh has booked his spot in the quarterfinals of the Men’s Individual Recurve event while Vivek Chikara will be in action in the elimination round of the same event.
- Prachi Yadav, who became the first Indian to qualify for the Paralympics in Canoe Sprint has finished 8th in the finals of the Women’s VL2 200 metre event.
- In Shooting, Avani Lekhara has qualified for the Women’s 50 metre rifle 3 positions SH1 event.
- Para athletes Kashish Lakra and Ekta Bhyan will be taking part in the finals of Women’s Club Throw F51 and Soman Rana in the finals of Men’s Shot Put F57 later in the day.