Indian actress Tillotama Shome has made the country proud by winning the Best Actor award at the 2021 UK Asian Film Festival (UKAFF).
- Tillotama won the award for her role in the film Raahgir: The Wayfarers.
- The film has been directed by Goutam Ghose.
- The UK Asian Film Festival (UKAFF) 2021 was the 23rd edition of the annual event.
- Apart from Tillotama, filmmaker Goutam Ghose has also won the Best Director award at the UKAFF.
About the Raahgir: The Wayfarers:
- This film stars Adil Hussain (Lakhua), Tillotama Shome (Nathuni) and Neeraj Kabi (Chopatlal).
- It is a story of three strangers, living on a daily wage basis, who cross each other’s path accidentally on a journey and develop a strong bond.
- The UK Asian Film Festival (UKAFF) is the longest-running South Asian film festival in the world.
- UKAFF was previously known as the London Asian Film Festival.
- It is a British film festival organized by the not-for-profit organization Tongues on Fire Ltd.
- It takes place annually in the spring in London.
- Founding directors Dr. Pushpinder Chowdhry and Mrs. Harvinder Nath started the festival in 1999.
- The festival caters mainly to South Asian films to date, with main events usually held at either BAFTA or the BFI.