Niloofar Rahmani (Afghanistan) is a Captain from Afghan Air Force, Nadia Sharmeen (Bangladesh) is a Journalist and women’s rights activist and Tabassum Adnan (Pakistan) is the founder of Khwendo Jirga were selected for the award.
They were award for demonstrating exceptional courage and leadership in advocating for peace, justice, human rights and gender equality.
Other women who have been selected for the award for the year 2015 are:
- Rosa Julieta Montaño Salvatierra (Bolivia): She is Founder and Director of Oficina Jurídica para la Mujer
- May Sabe Phyu (Burma): She is the Director of Gender Equality Network
- Béatrice Epaye (Central African Republic): She is the President of Fondation Voix du Coeur
- Marie Claire Tchecola (Guinea): She is a nurse, Ebola survivor and an activist
- Sayaka Osakabe (Japan): She is the Founder and Representative of Matahara Net
- Arbana Xharra (Kosovo): She is the Editor-in-Chief of Zeri
- Majd Chourbaji (Syria): She is the External Relations Director of Women Now for Development Centers
They will receive the award in the presence of First Lady of the US Michelle Obama in Washington DC on 10 March 2015.