Himachal Pradesh Climber Scales Four 8,000 Metre Peaks In Less Than One Month
Who Is Baljeet Kaur?
- The 27-year-old woman from Himachal Pradesh has scripted history by becoming the only Indian mountaineer to scale four 8,000-metre peaks in less than a month.
- The four mountain peaks she has climbed include Mt Everest, Mt Annapurna, Mt Kanchenjunga and Mt Lhotse.
- She successfully scaled the world's fourth highest peak with her guide Mingma Sherpa.
More About Baljeet Kaur
- Baljeet kaur's village is Panjrol in Kandhaghat tehsil of Himachal’s Solan district.
- Father Amrik Singh was working as a bus driver with Himachal Road Transport Corporation
- She enrolled herself with the National Cadet Corps (NCC) and that’s when her tryst with mountaineering started.
She is also the first Indian female mountaineer to successfully climb the 8,167-m high Mt Dhaulagiri.