Fishwaale App: India’s first e-fish market app ‘Fishwaale’ was recently launched in Assam.
- This app was launched by the Minister for Fisheries, Environment and Forest and Excise of Assam Shri Parimal Suklabaidya.
- The app has been developed by Aqua Blue Global Aquaculture Solutions Pvt Ltd in collaboration with the state fisheries department.
- Fishwale app is being implemented under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- PMMSY will be implemented in all the States and Union Territories (UTs) for a period of five years, i.e., from FY 2020-2021 to FY 2024-2025.
Benefits of the Fishwaale app.:
- The app, “Fishwaale“, will provide one-stop solution for aquaculture.
- It will help both buyers and sellers to place orders and sell fish, aquaculture equipment and medicine, fish feed and fish seed online.
- Products such as Freshwater and seawater frozen fish, dry fish, fish pickles and processed fish items will be sold via the app.
- Other Products, such as Table size fish such as mrigal, bhangon, and rohu and freshwater and seawater frozen fish (ice box) will also be available coupled with dry fish packets, dry fish raw, fish pickles and processed fish products.
- It will help members of the fish farming community get reasonable price for their produce.
- It will also lead to the elimination of middlemen.
- It refers to the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
- The PMMSY scheme was launched by the Government of India (GoI) in May 2020 with Rs.20050 crore as investment.
- It is a flagship scheme that aims at focused and sustained development of India’s fisheries sector.
- It has been prepared keeping in mind the trade of fish in every part of the county.
- Assam is a state in northeastern India known for its wildlife, archeological sites and tea plantations.
- It is situated south of the eastern Himalayas along the Brahmaputra and Barak River valleys.
- Assam is known for Assam tea and Assam silk.
- The state was the first site for oil drilling in Asia. Its capital is Dispur.
- The current Governor and the Chief Minister of Assam are Professor Jagdish Mukhi and Himanta Biswas Sarma respectively.