Chief Justice of India N.V. Ramana recently launched a new feature in the Supreme Court’s official website called ‘Indicative Notes’.
- This will serve as a useful resource for media persons and the general public who wish to be better informed about the rulings of the court.
- This feature is aimed at providing concise summaries of landmark judgments in an easy-to-understand format.
- This facility would also keep Journalists safe as they are exposed so much to the outside world .
- Justice A.M. Khanwilkar said that the facility, which is now temporary, could be made permanent in the future depending on the operational issues.
- Justice Hemant Gupta said access to media to court proceedings would increase transparency.