World EV Day: World EV (Electric Vehicle) Day is observed on September 9 every year.
- The day marks the celebration of e-mobility.
- It is a social media campaign that not only encourages drivers to recognize the benefits of electric vehicles but it also encourages them to make a commitment that the next car they drive will be electric and not the one running on conventional fuels.
- On this occasion, special awareness campaigns are organized globally in order to educate people regarding the benefits of electric vehicles.
- World EV Day works alongside Green. TV’s EV Summit.
About EV Summit:
- EV Summit brings together the e-mobility leaders from across the world together to brainstorm on how they can take electrification and sustainable transport forwards.
- It is organized by Green. TV.
- World EV Day was an initiative created by the sustainability media company GreenTV.
- The first World EV day was observed in 2020.
Note: China is the largest EV market in the world.
EV in India:
- India too is emerging as the next favourite destination for automotive companies.
- The Indian government has also promised to offer all possible help to take the electric vehicle industry forward.
- Currently, the automotive industry of India is the fifth largest worldwide and is set to become third-largest by 2030.
- Recently, Tesla which is a leading electric vehicle & clean energy company, Japan-based Suzuki and Tata Motors has plans to launch electric cars by 2025.