Tokyo Olympics 2020-Wrestling: Ravi Kumar Dahiya wins the silver medal for India in Men’s Freestyle 57-kg Wrestling in the Tokyo Olympics on 5th August 2021.
- He lost his Gold medal match after losing in the final to the Russian Olympic Committee’s (ROC) Zavur Uguev.
- Ravi had reached the finals by toppling Nurislam Sanayev of Kazakhstan, a former World Championships silver medallist, in the semis.
- This is India’s fifth medal at the Tokyo Olympics and the second silver of the campaign.
- The other proud Indian winners are Mirabai Chanu (Silver), PV Sindhu, Lovlina Borgohain and the Indian men’s hockey team (Bronze).
- Ravi Kumar is the fifth Indian wrestler after KD Jadhav, Sushil Kumar, Yogeshwar Dutt, and Sakshi Malik to finish on the Olympic podium.