Utkarsh Samaroh: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 12th May 2022 virtually addressed ‘Utkarsh Samaroh’ held at Bharuch in Gujarat.
- The event was organized to mark the celebration of 100 percent saturation of 4 key schemes of the state government in the district.
- These will help in providing timely financial assistance to those in need.
About Utkarsh Initiative:
The Utkarsh Initiative was carried out by the Bharuch district administration to ensure complete coverage of schemes providing assistance to widows, elderly and destitute citizens.
A total of 12,854 beneficiaries were identified under the four schemes that are -
- Indira Gandhi Vrudh Sahay Yojana
- Rashtriy Kutumb Sahay Yojana
- Niradhar Vrudh Aarthik Sahay Yojana
- Ganga Swaroopa Aarthik Sahay Yojana
During the drive from 1st January to 31st March 2022, taluka-wise Whatsapp helpline numbers were set up to collect information about those people who were not receiving benefits of the scheme.
- The Utkarsh camps were organized in all villages and wards of municipality areas of the district, to collect the necessary documents for on-the-spot approval.
- Incentives were also given to Utkarsh assistants to further facilitate the drive.
About Indira Gandhi Vrudh Sahay Yojana:
- The Indira Gandhi Vrudh Sahay Yojana aims to assist all beneficiaries aged 60 and up who fall under the Below Poverty Line category.
About Niradhar Vrudh Aarthik Sahay Yojana:
- The Niradhar Vrudh Aarthik Sahay Yojana was set up to assist needy persons with disabilities, as well as destitute elderly people, in leading dignified lives by providing financial assistance.
About Rashtriya Kutumb Sahay Yojana:
- Under the Rashtriya Kutumb Sahay Yojana, the family members of a household living below the poverty line are eligible for financial compensation under this scheme when the main breadwinner dies.
About Gujarat Ganga Swaroopa Aarthik Sahay Yojana:
- This scheme was launched to help the women of the state who have lost their husbands.
- This scheme provides financial assistance to mothers so that they may care for their family.