Shuffling of Governors: According to a press communique issued by the Rashtrapati Bhawan, President Ram Nath Kovind has recently appointed new governors in four states.
- In a series of gubernatorial changes, Governor of Nagaland R.N. Ravi was transferred as the next Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- President Ram Nath Kovind also accepted the resignation of Baby Rani Maurya as the Governor of Uttarakhand, amid the speculation of her returning to active politics in Uttar Pradesh where the State Assembly elections are due next year
- In other changes, Governor of Tamil Nadu Banwarilal Purohit, who held the additional charge of Punjab, has been appointed as the full-fledged Governor of Punjab. Lt. Gen. Gurmit Singh (retired), a former Deputy Chief of Army Staff, has been made the Governor of Uttarakhand.
- The key appointment is that of Mr. Ravi, who has been an interlocutor in the ongoing Naga peace talks since August 2014.
- He was appointed the Nagaland Governor in July 2019.
- Since last year, however, sharp differences have emerged between him and the functionaries of the Isak-Muivah faction of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland and some sections of the Naga civil society.
- Jagdish Mukhi, at present governor of Assam, has been appointed to discharge the functions of the governor of Nagaland in addition to his charge till a fresh appointment is made.
- The above appointments will take effect from the dates they assume charge of their respective offices.