President Ram Nath Kovind on 7th July 2021 accepted credentials from the envoys of Thailand, Romania, Kazakhstan and Turkey in a virtual ceremony.
The president conveyed his good wishes to the envoys on their appointment.
The envoys conveyed good wishes on behalf of their leadership and reiterated their commitment to continue working to strengthen their ties with India.
The credentials presented by the following:
- Pattarat Hongtong, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Thailand,
- Daniela Mariana Sezonov Tane, Ambassador of Romania,
- Nurlan Zhalgasbayev, Ambassador of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Firat Sunel, Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey
- Thailand, formerly known as Siam, and officially the Kingdom of Thailand, is a country in Southeast Asia.
- It is located at the center of the Indochinese Peninsula.
- Thailand is bordered to the north by Myanmar and Laos, to the east by Laos and Cambodia, to the south by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and to the west by the Andaman Sea and the southern extremity of Myanmar.
- It also shares maritime borders with Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand to the southeast, and Indonesia and India on the Andaman Sea to the southwest.
- Bangkok is the capital of Thailand.
- The currency used here is Thai baht.
- The current Prime Minister of Thailand is Prayut Chan-o-cha.
- Romania is a country located at the crossroads of Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe.
- It borders Bulgaria to the south, Ukraine to the north, Hungary to the west, Serbia to the southwest, and Moldova to the east and has its opening to the Black Sea.
- It has a predominantly temperate-continental climate.
- The Capital of Romania is Bucharest.
- The current President and Prime Minister of Romania are Klaus Iohannis and Ludovic Orban respectively.
About the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan, also spelled Kazakstan, officially the Republic of Kazakhstan is a country of Central Asia.
- It is bounded on the northwest and north by Russia, on the east by China, and on the south by Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, the Aral Sea, and Turkmenistan; the Caspian Sea bounds Kazakhstan to the southwest.
- It is the world’s largest landlocked country, and the eighth-largest country in the world.
- The capital of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan, formerly known as Astana.
- The currency used here is Kazakhstani tenge (KZT).
- The current president of Kazakhstan is Kassym-Jomart Tokayev.
About Republic of Turkey
- Turkey, officially the Republic of Turkey, is a transcontinental country located mainly on the Anatolian peninsula in Western Asia, with a smaller portion on the Balkan peninsula in Southeastern Europe.
- Turkey is bordered on its northwest by Greece and Bulgaria, north by the Black Sea, northeast by Georgia, east by Armenia, the Azerbaijani exclave of Nakhchivan and Iran, southeast by Iraq, south by Syria and the Mediterranean Sea, and west by the Aegean Sea.
- Ankara is the capital of Turkey.
- The currency used here is the Turkish lira.
- The current President of Turkey is Recep Tayyip Erdogan.