Vidyanjali Portal: Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, on September 7, 2021, launched Vidyanjali Portal and several other initiatives in the education sector.
- Among other initiatives unveiled by PM Modi include the School Quality Assurance and Assessment Framework of CBSE and NISHTHA teachers’ training programme for NIPUN Bharat.
- Modi also launched the Indian Sign Language Dictionary — audio and text embedded sign language video for the hearing impaired, in conformity with Universal Design of Learning, along with ‘Talking Books’, which are audiobooks for the visually impaired.
- These initiatives were launched by PM Modi while addressing the inaugural conclave of ‘Shikshak Parv’ via video conferencing.
- These initiatives are aimed at ushering an “education revolution” in the country and placing India’s educational system on the “global map”.
Key Points about Vidyanjali Portal:
- Vidyanjali is an initiative taken by the Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GoI) with the aim to strengthen Schools through community and private sector involvement in schools across the country.
- This initiative would connect schools with varied volunteers from the Indian Diaspora namely, young professionals, school alumni, in service and retired teachers, Government officials, professionals, and many others.
- It two verticals, namely – Participate in school Service or Activity and Assets / Material / Equipment” in which volunteers can support and strengthen the government and government-aided schools.
- Vidyanjali is being implemented under the overall aegis of the Samagra Shiksha.
- It will enhance the community involvement in Government schools and effectively engage children in reading, creative writing, public speaking, play-acting, preparing story books, etc.
About Vidyanjaly 2.0:
- Vidyanjali 2.0 is an amalgamation of the words Vidya meaning “correct knowledge” or “clarity” and Anjali meaning “an offering with both hands” in the Sanskrit language.
- This portal is like a platform for the country’s resolution of ‘Sabka Prayas’ with ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas’.
- It was launched with the objective to facilitate donations, contributions from Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds, and volunteering.
- This portal will enable community or volunteers to contribute by connecting with the government and government-aided schools of their choice directly.
About Shikshak Parv-2021:
- Shikshak Parv-2021 was launched by the Ministry of Education (MoE).
- Its celebration started on September 5 and will conclude on September 17, 2021.
- Between September 8 and September 17, the ministry will conduct webinars on themes including technology in education, nurturing inclusive classrooms, foundation literacy and numeracy, and other practices and initiatives which can be adopted by the schools across the country.
- It is being organized to recognize the valuable contributions of teachers and to take the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 ahead.
- The theme of “Shikshak Parv-2021” is Quality and Sustainable Schools: Learnings from Schools in India“.