Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 16 July 2021 virtually inaugurated multiple Railway projects and 3-new attractions at Science city Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
As per the official release by the Railway Ministry, the Railway projects include the following:
- Newly redeveloped Gandhinagar Capital Railway station
- Gauge converted cum electrified Mahesana – Varetha line
- Newly electrified Surendranagar – Pipavav section.
The Vadnagar Railway Station which is part of the Vadnagar – Modhera – Patan heritage circuit has been redesigned by Indian Tourism giving it a heritage look with aesthetic stone carvings.
He also flagged off two new trains i.e
- Gandhinagar Capital – Varanasi Superfast Weekly Express
- MEMU service trains between Gandhinagar Capital and Varetha.
He inaugurated the newly built modern railway station of Gandhinagar and a five-star hotel atop the railway station.
About Gandhinagar Capital Railway Station:
- Gandhinagar Capital Railway Station has also been termed as the ‘Marvel of Technology and epitome of passenger’s comfort’ by the Ministry of Railways.
- State of art external façade and landscaping
- Divyang friendly station
- Spacious entrance lobby with ticketing facility
- Theme-based lighting
- Escalators and lifts
- Waiting hall at platforms for around 500 passengers
- Centralized AC multipurpose waiting lounge
- Dedicated exclusive art gallery with live LED wall display lounge
- Inter-faith prayer hall
- Adequate parking facility
- Platforms well-connected with subways
PM Modi also inaugurated an aquatic gallery, a robotic gallery, and Nature Park in the Science City, Ahmedabad.
- The aquatic gallery will spread over an area of 15,000 sq meters. It will be the largest aquarium in India.
- It will have 68 tanks, showcasing the 188 marine species including penguins.
- A key attraction of the aquatic gallery will be a 28 meter long unique walkway tunnel.
- The gallery has been developed in collaboration with Marine Scape Eo-aquarium, New Zealand.
Robotic Gallery in Science City:
- PM Modi also inaugurated the Robotic Gallery which will take the visitors through the history of evaluation of robots.
- It will be an interactive gallery that will showcase the pioneers of robotic technology and will also provide a platform for visitors to explore the evolving field of robotics.
- A huge replica of the transformer robot will be at the entrance of the gallery.
- The unique attraction will be the welcoming humanoid robot that will be able to communicate with visitors expressing emotions such as joy, surprise, and excitement.
- The nature park in Gujarat will have many beautiful features such as a chess garden, fog garden, sculpture park, selfie points, and open labyrinth.
- The nature park will also include an interesting labyrinth designed for the children.
- Gujarat is a state on the western coast of India most of which lies on the Kathiawar peninsula.
- The state is bordered by Rajasthan to the northeast, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu to the south, Maharashtra to the southeast, Madhya Pradesh to the east, and the Arabian Sea and the Pakistani province of Sindh to the west.
- Its capital city is Gandhinagar.
- The Governor and Chief Minister of Gujarat are Acharya Devvrat and Vijay Rupani respectively.