National Pension System Diwas: The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has kickstarted a new campaign named National Pension System Diwas (NPS Diwas) under ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- This campaign has been started to promote pension and retirement planning.
- PFRDA will celebrate the National Pension System Diwas (NPS Diwas) on 1st October 2021.
- PFRDA is promoting this campaign on its social media platforms with #npsdiwas.
- NPS aims to encourage every citizen to plan towards making a financial cushion to ensure for oneself a financially sound future after retirement.
- NPS subscribers will enjoy the benefits, power of compounding now and reap many of the benefits after retirement.
- Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) is the regulatory body under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance, Government of India (GoI) for overall supervision and regulation of pension in India.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority Act was passed on 19 September 2013 and the same was notified on 1 February 2014.
- PFRDA works as the regulator of NPS to ensure orderly growth and development of the pension market.
- It was founded on 23 august 2003.
- Its Chairperson is Supratim Bandyopadhyay.