Pashupati Kumar Paras, brother of Ram Vilas Paswan, was recently elected unopposed as the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) national president.
- He replaced Chirag Paswan who is the son of Ram Vilas Paswan.
- Chirag Paswan was removed from the post of Lok Janshakti Party national president after an emergency meeting of the LJP national working committee.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of five LJP MPs at the residence of Pashupati Kumar Paras in Delhi.
- The five LJP MPs had met Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla and handed over a letter to him regarding the removal of party chief Chirag Paswan from the position of Lok Sabha Parliamentary party leader.
- LJP is currently a part of the National Democratic Alliance at the Centre.
- This party was formed by the late Ram Vilas Paswan in 2000.
- Paswan, a heavyweight leader in Bihar politics passed away in October 2020.
About Pashupati Paras:
- Pashupati Paras is an Indian politician from the state of Bihar.
- He is currently serving as a member of Lok Sabha from Hajipur (Lok Sabha constituency). And he was Minister for Animal and Fish Resources Department in the Government of Bihar.
- He has been a member of Bihar Legislative Assembly from Alauli since 1977.
- He has earlier served thrice as a minister in the state.
- He is the younger brother of late Ram Vilas Paswan and also the State President of the Bihar unit of Lok Janshakti Party.