CHATT is the name of a new industry association established by Airbnb, EaseMyTrip, OYO, and Yatra. The full form of CHATT is “Confederation of Hospitality, Technology & Tourism” Industry“.
- The tourism body aims to promote small companies and travel and hospitality technology enterprises.
- The association was launched virtually in presence of Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel.
About CHATT Association:
- It will promote domestic tourism and help it in digital transformation.
- It will position itself to be a thought leader that also imparts educational training and beneficial programs to its entire industry segments. Every member will have the access to CHATT resources and benefits.
- It provides for participation in year-round programmes, access to travel-tech ecosystem, signature business events, inclusion of experts & regional leads among others.
Members of CHATT association:
CHATT association comprises of biz leaders and startup founders including the following:
- Amanpreet Bajaj who is General Manager of Airbnb – India, Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Nishant Pitti who is Co- Founder & CEO of EaseMyTrip.com;
- Rohit Kapoor who is CEO of OYO India & Southeast Asia and
- Dhruv Shringi who is Co-Founder and CEO of Yatra.com.
- It is an American company which operates an online marketplace for lodging, homestays for vacation rentals and tourism activities.
- It was founded in 2008 by Joe Gebbia, Brian Chesky and Nathan Blecharczyk
- It is based in San Francisco, California.
- Platform can be accessed via website and mobile app.
- Company does not own any of listed properties and earn profits by receiving commission from each booking.