The Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs Shri Anurag Singh Thakur launched the first phase of Ministry of Corporate Affairs’ (MCA) MCA21 Version 3.0 (V3.0).
- This MCA 21 version 3.0 (V3.0) is being implemented in two phases with the second and final phase likely to be launched in October 2021.
- The entire project is proposed to be launched within this Financial Year and will be data analytics and machine learning-driven.
- The first phase comprises of a revamped website, new email services for MCA Officers and two new modules, namely, e. Book and e. Consultation.
- MCA21 version 3.0 was highlighted during budget 2021-2022. This project makes use of new technologies to streamline corporate compliance and experiences of stakeholders.
The main aim of this Version is to:
- Promote Ease of Doing Business
- Facilitate seamless integration
- Strengthen the enforcement
- Exchange data among regulators
- Enhance user experience
About MCA21 V3.0:
- The MCA21 V3.0 in its entirety will not only improve the existing services and modules, but will also create new functionalities like e-adjudication, compliance management system, advanced helpdesk, feedback services, user dashboards , self-reporting tools and revamped master data services.
- MCA21 V3.0 is part of this year’s Budget announcement and will leverage the use of latest technologies to further streamline the Corporate Compliance and stakeholders experience.
- MCA21 has been part of Mission Mode projects of the Government of India.
- Bagging several accolades in past, the project has now reached its 3rd version.
About e-consultation module:
The e-consultation module will facilitate the following:
- Virtual public consultation of proposed amendments and new legislations to be introduced by MCA from time to time.
- Leverage Artificial intelligence for compiling, grouping and categorizing comments/inputs received from stakeholders and create analytical reports for quick policy decision making.
- A new email service for officers of MCA will provide them with advanced features and capabilities for organized and managed communication with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- MCA21 is an online portal of corporate affairs ministry.
- It was launched in 2006.
- The portal has made all the information related to company, accessible to stakeholders and general public.
MCA21 Mission Mode Project:
- This e-governance initiative was launched in 2002 by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, after facing the challenge of providing service to about 7.5 lakh corporate entities.
- It is one among 31Mision Mode Projects of National e-Governance Plan.
- Project is being implemented by Tata Consultancy Services under Build Own Operate and Transfer (BOOT) model.
About National e-Governance Plan (NeGP):
- The National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) is an initiative of the Government of India to make all government services available to the citizens of India via electronic media.
- NeGP was formulated by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) in collaboration with the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- The Government approved the National e-Governance Plan, consisting of 27 “Mission Mode Projects” (MMPs) and 8 components, on 18 May 2006.