Guidelines for Saksham Anganwadi & Poshan 2.0 Schemes: The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) recently released operational guidelines to implement ‘Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0′ scheme.
The Union Cabinet has approved the scheme for implementation during the 15th Finance Commission period 202l-22 to 2025-26.
- Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0 is an Integrated Nutrition Support Programme.
- Its goal is to address the challenges of malnutrition in children, adolescent girls, pregnant women and lactating mothers through a strategic shift in nutrition content and delivery.
Key Features of the Scheme:
Under the program, a convergent eco-system will be created to develop and promote practices nurturing health, wellness and immunity.
In order to address gaps and shortcomings in on-going nutrition program, as well as to improve implementation and accelerate improvement in nutrition & child development outcomes, the existing scheme components have been re-organized under Poshan 2.0 into the primary verticals given below:
- Nutrition Support for POSHAN through Supplementary Nutrition Programme (SNP) for children aged 6 months-6 years, pregnant women & lactating mothers and Adolescent Girls aged 14-18 years across Aspirational districts and NER.
- Early Childhood Care and Education for children aged 3-6 years and early stimulation for children aged 0-3 years.
- Anganwadi Infrastructure, comprising of modern & upgraded Saksham Anganwadi
- Poshan Abhiyaan
The objectives of Poshan 2.0 are as follows:
- To contribute to human capital development of the country;
- To address challenges of malnutrition;
- To promote nutrition awareness and good eating habits for sustainable health and wellbeing; and
- To address nutrition related deficiencies through key strategies.
Poshan 2.0 scheme in an umbrella scheme covering the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS), Anganwadi Services, Poshan Abhiyaan, Scheme For Adolescent Girls and National Creche Scheme.
Poshan 2.0 shall focus on the following: -
- Maternal Nutrition
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Norms Treatment Protocols for SAM/MAM
- Wellness through AYUSH practices
Its objective is to reduce wasting and under-weight prevalence besides stunting and anemia, supported by the 'Poshan Tracker', a new, robust ICT centralized data system which is being linked with the RCH Portal (Anmol) of MoHFW.
It seeks to contribute to human capital development in India by promoting nutrition awareness and good eating habits to attain sustainable health and wellbeing.
Which Ministry recently released the Guidelines for Saksham Anganwadi & Poshan 2.0 Schemes?
A) Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD)
B) Ministry of Finance (MoF)
C) Ministry of Education (MoE)
D) Ministry of Defence (MoD)