Seekho Aur Kamao Scheme: Minister of Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi informed Rajya Sabha about the Seekho Aur Kamao scheme.
Key Points about the Scheme:
- Seekho Aur Kamao is a skill development scheme for the youth of the 14 – 35 years age group.
- This scheme aims at providing employment and employment opportunities, improving the employability of existing workers, school dropouts, etc.
- It ensures 75% placement, out of which 50% should be in the organized sector.
- As per scheme guidelines, the implementing organizations will be required to establish linkages with placement services.
- The candidates interested in self-employment after availing the training, the organization shall arrange easy microfinance/ loans for them through financial institutions, National Minority Development Finance Corporation (NMDFC), banks, etc.
- Post-placement support of Rs. 2000/- per month is provided to placed trainees for two months as placement assistance.
- In the last 7 years appx. 3.92 lakh persons have been benefitted under this employment-oriented scheme.
- “Seekho aur Kamao (Learn & Earn)” is a scheme implemented since 2013-14 for the skill development of minorities.
About Ministry of Minority Affairs:
- It is a ministry of the Government of India (GoI).
- It was carved out of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- It was created on 29 January 2006 to ensure a more focused approach towards issues relating to the notified minority communities namely Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikhs, Parsis and Jain.
- The minority religious communities in India are notified as minority communities in The Gazette of India under Section 2(c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- The mandate of the Ministry includes the formulation of overall policy and planning, coordination, evaluation, and review of the regulatory framework and development programmes for the benefit of the minority communities.
- The Union Minister of Minority Affairs is Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.