ISSF World Championships: Indian men’s air rifle team recently won gold in ISSF World Championships held in in Cairo, Egypt.
- The Gold medal was clinched by the Indian trio of Rudranksh Balasaheb Patil, Kiran Ankush Jadhav, and Arjun Babuta in the men's 10-metre air rifle event.
- It was also Patil's second senior world championship gold in his very first outing, having won the individual 10m air rifle event earlier.
- The Indian trio defeated China 16-10 in Cairo to give India its fifth medal in the title match.
- The Indian women’s team of Elavenil Valarivan, Meghana Sajjanar and Mehuli Ghosh beat Germany 17-11 for the bronze.
- The team had missed the gold match by 0.5 point to the USA.
- In the 25-metre standard pistol mixed team junior event, Manvi Jain and Sameer Ghulia won the silver as the duo got beaten 17-3 by Feng Sixuan and Liu Yangpan of China.
- The second Indian team of Payal Khatri and Sahil Dudhane beat Norway pair 16-14 for the bronze medal.
- In air pistol women’s team event, Palak Gulia, Rhythm Sangwan and Yuvika Tomar were beaten to the gold 16-8 by China.
- India was second in the medals table with five gold, two silver and five bronze medals.
- China led with 12 gold, six silver and three bronze.
- US was the only other team to win a gold from among 14 countries that have found a place in the medals table so far.