Zeinorin Stephen Angkang a resident of the Ukhrul district in Manipur, has been selected as one of the world’s 12 most inspirational young leaders for Kofi Annan Changemakers 2021.
- 29-year-old Zenorin’s work has been admired and appreciated across sectors.
- She has been working with the farmers of Ukhrul and her vision for the indigenous farmers playing a huge role in food security and transforming the community is what stands out.
- She will represent India as one of the twelve recognized international leaders to participate in a six-month inter-generational dialogue hosted by the Kofi Annan Foundation.
- The others chosen for Kofi Annan Changemakers 2021 dialogue are from Ghana, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Philippines, Zimbabwe, Kosovo, Columbia, Malaysia, Malawi, Ghana, and Uganda.
- The six-month-long Kofi Annan Foundation’s intergenerational dialogue for impact will start on June 28, 2021, in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The twelve young leaders, who have already demonstrated commitment and impact in their respective fields, will interact with leaders from the high-level network of Kofi Annan and the Kofi Annan Foundation, searching for ways to build their capacity for positive action, said the Foundation.
- Zeinorin is married to Leiyalon Vashum, and the couple founded Hill Wild Pvt Ltd, a chocolate and confectionery making unit at Ukhrul in 2017.
- In 2020, she was recognized in Rome by The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), an institution and a specialized agency of the United Nations for the remarkable work she has been doing.
About Kofi Annan Changemaker 2021:
- Kofi Annan Changemaker 2021 is an initiative to create and provide an environment where the next generation of leaders can seek counsel from experienced individuals on how to strengthen the impact of their work as they also become torchbearers of Kofi Annan’s values and principles.