The United Kingdom will host a summit of Foreign and Development Ministers from the G7 in December in the city of Liverpool.
• Foreign Ministers of UK, the US, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, Japan and the EU will be participating in the Summit.
• The summit will be held over three days, from December 10 to 12, 2021.
• The UK is holding the G7 Presidency in 2021
• The summit will be second in-person gathering of G7 Foreign Ministers in 2021.
• Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will also attend the G7 Foreign Ministers’ meetings for the first time,
• ASEAN Foreign Ministers from Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand will be attending the G7 Summit.
G7 Presidency in 2021
United Kingdom holds the G7 Presidency in 2021.
Location of the G7 meeting
The G7 Foreign Ministers meeting will be held at the Museum of Liverpool, located on famous waterfront of the city.
City of Liverpool
A port city, Liverpool is located in Merseyside, England. It is a metropolitan borough and the tenth largest English district by population. The metropolitan area of Liverpool is the fifth largest in UK. The city is located on the eastern part of Mersey Estuary. The city is noted for its culture, transport links & architecture and is closely associated with music and sports.
It is type of local government district and a subdivision of a metropolitan county in England. It was established in 1974 by the Local Government Act 1972. In English Law, metropolitan boroughs are defined as metropolitan districts.