The Laureus World Sports Awards, 2021 was recently held in Seville.
The following are the winners of the Laureus World Sports 2021 Awards:
- Naomi Osaka (tennis, Japan) won the Sportswoman of the Year
- Rafael Nadal (tennis, Spain) won the Sportsman of the Year
- Billie Jean King (tennis, USA) won the Lifetime Achievement
- FC Bayern (football, Germany) won the Team of the Year
- Patrick Mahomes (American Football, USA) won the Breakthrough of the Year
- Max Parrot (Snowboarding, Canada) won the World Comeback of the Year
- Kickformore by Kickfair (football, German) won the Sport for Good
- Mo Salah (football, Liverpool & Egypt) won the Sporting Inspiration Award
- Lewis Hamilton (Formula One, Mercedes & UK) won the Athlete Advocate of the Year
This year the Laureus World sports Award for Action Sports person of the year was not awarded.
About Laureus World Sports Awards:
- The Laureus World Sports Awards are presented to honour individuals and teams who have achieved in sports throughout the year.
- It was established in 1999 by the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation.
- It is supported by Mitsubishi, Mercedes Benz. The first Laureus World Sports Awards was presented in 2000.
- The winners are presented with a statue of Laureus. It is created by the Cartier.
- The Cartier is the French Luxury Goods manufacturer.
- It manufactures watches, jewelry.
- It was founded in 1847.
- In 2020, the awards were presented in eight categories.
- Roger Federer, a Swiss Tennis player holds the record for the most of the awards. He has won six “Sportsman of the Year” awards and one comeback of the year award.
- In 2020, Sachin Tendulkar won Laureus World Sports Award for Laureus Sporting Moment 2000-2020.