The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed globally on 4th June every year.
- This day affirms the UN’s commitment to guard the rights of children.
- It is sad reality that in some situations children are affected and violations that occur may be use of children in war, killing, sexual violence, abduction, attacks on schools etc.
- This day is to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the planet who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse.
- The main aim of celebrating today is to spread the notice about the pain and sufferings faced by the victims as children.
- This day affirms the UN’s commitment to protecting the rights of children.
- Its work is guided by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, the most rapidly and widely ratified international human rights treaty in history.
On August 19, 1982, during an emergency session on the question of Palestine, the UN General Assembly, appalled at the amount of innocent Palestinian and Lebanese child victims of Israel’s acts of aggression, decided to commemorate 4 June of every year because of the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression.