Italy has signed the International Solar Alliance under the amended ISA Framework Agreement.
- The amendments to the Framework Agreement of the ISA entered into force, opening its Membership to all Member States of the UN.
- The External Affairs Ministry said the Framework Agreement was signed by Italy’s Ambassador, Vincenzo De Luca.
- The signed copies of the Agreement were received by Additional Secretary (ER), as the representative of External Affairs Ministry, which is the depositary of ISA Framework Agreement.
- Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla met Italian Ambassador to India Vincenzo De Luca and welcomed Italy’s accession to International Solar Alliance.
- They also discussed Italy’s G20 presidency and Vaccine Maitri.
- The International Solar Alliance was launched jointly by the Indian Prime Minister and the French President during the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference, or COP21, in Paris.
It aims to contribute to the implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement through rapid and massive deployment of solar energy.
Source: News On Air