Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with THDC India Ltd (THDCIL). Under the terms of the MoU, IREDA will provide techno-financial expertise in developing Renewable Energy (RE) projects.
Terms of the MoU
• Under the MoU, IREDA will undertake techno-financial due diligence of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency & Conservation projects for THDCIL.
• REDA will assist THDCIL in developing an action plan to create and acquire Renewable Energy (RE) projects for the next 5 years.
• According to the terms of the MoU, IREDA will also extend its techno-commercial expertise to THDCIL for Environmental & Social (E&S) due diligence of RE projects as per the internationally accepted E&S standards.
Significance of the MoU
• This MoU will help THDCIL to accelerate their footprints in the Renewable Energy space. THDCIL has portfolio of Solar & Wind energy projects apart from Hydro and Thermal.
• The MoU will facilitate knowledge transfer, which will contribute to driving sustainable development of India through Green Energy.
• IREDA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with THDCIL.
• The MoU with THDCIL is the sixth one signed by IREDA within one year for providing its consultancy services for developers of RE and Energy transition.
• Earlier, IREDA had signed MoUs with SJVN, NHPC, TANGEDCO, NEEPCO and BVFCL to extend its Techno-Financial expertise for Green Energy projects.