Interim Budget 2019 : Underprivileged
- 10 per cent additional reservation for the backward classes in general category in government jobs and education.
- To provide food grains at affordable prices to the poor and middle classes, about Rs 1,70,000 crores were spent in the year 2018-19 which is almost double the amount of Rs 92,000 crores spent in the year 2013-14.
- Allocating Rs 60,000 crore for MGNREGA. Additional amount would be provided if required.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, construction of rural roads has been tripled. 15.80 lakh habitations out of a total of 17.84 lakh habitations have already been connected with pucca roads and work is going on to complete the rest very soon.
- The yojana is being allocated Rs 19,000 crore in 2019-20 as against Rs 15,500 crore in 2018-19.
- A total number of 1.53 crore houses have been built under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in 2014-18.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojna, by March 2019 every household will get electricity connection.
- Distributed 143 crore LED bulbs with the participation of private sector, which has resulted into a savings of approximately Rs 50,000 crore per year in electricity bills of poor and middle class families.