Interim Budget 2019: Infrastructure
- Around 15.8 lakh out of a total 17.84 lakh habitations have been connected with pucca roads under PMGSY. PMGSY allocated Rs 19,000 crore in 2019-20
- The flagship programme of Sagarmala along the coastal areas of the country will develop ports for faster handling of import and export cargo.
- Container freight movement has started on inland waterways from Kolkata to Varanasi.
- The government also plans to introduce container cargo movement to the North East as well, by improving the navigation capacity of the Brahmaputra River.
- All unmanned level crossings on broad gauge network have been completely eliminated.
- First indigenously developed ‘Vande Bharat Express’ will give the Indian passengers world class experience with speed, service and safety.