Indian Women recently created history at the AIBA 2021 Youth World Boxing Championship.
- A total of eight Indians entered the finals. Of this, seven were women. All the women finalists finished on top.
- All the women finalists registered victories and finished top. They were as follows:
- Gitika – 48 kg
- Naorem Babyrojisana Chanu 51 kg
- Poonam 57 kg
- Vinka 60 kg
- Arundhati Choudhary 69 kg
- T Sanamacha Chanu 75 kg
- Alfiya Pathan 81 kg
- In 2017, Indian Women won five gold medals. The 2017 Youth World Championship was held in Guwahati.
- This year, India won 7 gold at the AIBA Youth Women World Boxing Championships. The sixth gold was added by Sanamacha. Sanamacha trains at boxing MC Mary Kom’s Academy in Imphal. She outperformed Kazakhstan’s Dana Diday in 75 kg final.
- Alfiya of Laharashtra clinched the seventh gold for India. She defeated a strong contender Daria Kozorez of Moldova.
- Gitika of Haryana won gold in 48 kg. She defeated a two-time European champion, Erika Prisciandaro. Erika is from Italy. In the finals, Gitika defeated Natalia Kuczewska.
- Poonam and Babyrojisana added two more gold medals. Poonam won Sthelyne Grosy in the finals and Babyrojisana won Valeriia Linkova in the finals.
- Arundhati from Rajasthan won gold in 69 kg. She beat the Polish boxer, Barbara Marcinkowska.
- Ankit Narwal won bronze in 64 kg. Similarly, Bishwamitra Chongthom and Vishal Gupta won bronze medal in 49 kg and 91 kg respectively.
- AIBA is International World Boxing Championships.
- It organizes AIBA Women World Boxing Championship and AIBA World Boxing Championships biennially.