This is the second ship of series of thirty-six Interceptor Boats which were built and designed by Larsen and Toubro, Surat.
About the Indian Coast Guard Ship C-402 :
• C-402 is 30-metre long interceptor boat which has 90 tonnes displacement.
• It can reach a maximum speed of 45 knots.
• C-402 is furnished with technologically-advanced navigation as well as communication equipment.
• It is also furnished with medium-range armament.
• Indian Coast Guard Ship C-402 is designed for close-coast patrol, search and rescue, high speed interception, low-intensity maritime operations and maritime surveillance.
With commissioning of Indian Coast Guard Ship C-402, force level of the Indian Coast Guard has increased to 82 ships as well as boats. By 2018, the target is to double this force.
Ship C-402 will be Ratnagiri-based under the Administrative and Operational Control of the Commander Coast Guard District Headquarters No 2. The boat will be commanded by Deputy Commandant G. Mani Kumar. It also has a crew of eleven personnel and one officer.