The Haryana Government has created a new department called Department of Foreign Cooperation. The aim of the department is to focus on initiatives that are taken by the state that promotes welfare of non-Resident Indians, investment and youth employment.
- The Foreign Cooperation Department will work to formulate country-wise strategies that will promote employment and investment in the state
- The Department will work closely with the ministry of External Affairs to improve the international cooperation with the foreign provinces.
- The Department will also help to increase engagement under twin city programmes of the Ministry of External Affairs
- The Department will pursue issues that involves cooperation between public and private sectors.
- The main aim of the Department will be to work with bilateral and multilateral groups to promote the interest of the state in foreign countries.
- It will focus on trade and investments predominantly
- The Department will also maintain relations with Indian mission that are working abroad in matters that are related to the state of Haryana.
Source: GK current affairs