Vijay Rupani Resignation: Gujarat chief minister Vijay Rupani resigned from the Chief Ministerial post on September 11, 2021.
- He submitted his resignation to Governor Acharya Devvrat.
- The announcement comes just a year before the assembly elections are scheduled to be held in the state.
- Vijay Rupani has become the fourth Chief Minister to resign this year after Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat and Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal.
- The new Chief Minister of Gujarat is likely to be announced after a meeting with all the BJP MLAs.
- Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa was replaced by Basavaraj Bommai ahead of the 2023 elections.
- Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat was first replaced by Tirath Singh and then he was also replaced by Pushkar Dhami.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal, under whom the party had contested the state assembly elections also resigned after a landslide win and was succeeded by Himanta Biswa Sarma.