GSITI’s 24×7 Website: The Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI), Hyderabad, has recently launched its 24×7 website (https://training.gsiti.gsi.gov.in/) for round-the-clock accessibility of various online training courses on Earth Sciences to its stakeholders.
Note: GSITI is the training and capacity building wing of the Geological Survey of India (GSI)under the Ministry of Mines.
- This is in tune with the Digital India Campaign of the Government of India.
About Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI):
- The GSITI is the third oldest survey organization in the World.
- It promotes capacity building by turning out thorough-bred professionals, specialists, and fundamental researchers in all fields of Geosciences and allied areas both within the department and outside.
- It was established in 1976.
- GSITI has expanded its operation across different geological terrains of the country by diversifying its activities over the last three decades by establishing Field Training Centers (FTC), and in the process has shifted its Headquarters (HQ) to Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Centre, with a full-fledged campus of its own, is designated as headquarters for all other eight centers.
- Over the last 45 years, GSITI has expanded to nine (09) training sites of GSITI located at Hyderabad, Nagpur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Shillong, Raipur, Zawar (Rajasthan), Chitradurga (Karnataka), and Kuju (Jharkhand).