NSWS: Union Minister for Commerce & Industry, Textiles, Consumer Affairs & Distribution, Piyush Goyal, on September 22, 2021, launched the National Single Window System (NSWS) for Investors and Businesses.
- The digital platform aims at allowing investors to identify and apply for various pre-operations approvals required for commencing a business in the country.
- It is a giant leap, towards making India Aatmanirbhar.
- This portal will become a one-stop-shop for investors for the purpose of approvals and clearances.
- The portal will integrate the existing clearance systems of the Centre and states.
- This system will bring freedom from the legacy of running towards Government offices for approvals and registrations.
- It will also bring in Ease of doing business and Ease of Living by doing away with the need of paperwork, duplication and information asymmetry from Windows within the system.
- As of now, the beta version of the portal (Phase I) hosts approvals across 18 Central Departments and 9 States.
- By December 2021, 14 Central departments and 5 states will be added to the portal.
- The National Single Window System is envisioned to address information asymmetry, duplication of information submitted across platforms and authorities and inefficient tracking of approvals and registration faced by investors.
- NSWS has been designed keeping the needs of entrepreneurs and investors at the center.
- This portal will provide solutions for all at one click of the mouse through ‘End to End’ facilitation.
- It comprises of an applicant Dashboard that will help to apply, track and respond to queries.
- The services provided by the portal includes
- Know Your Approval (KYA)
- Applicant Dashboard
- Common Registration Form
- State registration Form
- Document repository
Note: This service is only for guidance purposes and does not constitute any legal advice.
Significance of NSWS:
- NSWS will bolster other government schemes such as Make in India, Startup India, PLI scheme etc.
- The platform will do away with the need for multiple applications across various portals.
- All solutions will be there at the click of a mouse through end-to-end facilitation which in turn would bring transparency, accountability and responsiveness in the ecosystem and all information will be available on a single dashboard.