EPPO: The Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare working under the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has incorporated ‘Electronic Pension Payment Order’ (EPPO) with the Digi Locker.
- EPPO is created by the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (PCDA) Pension, Allahabad.
- It has been incorporated with Digi Locker for improving the Comfort of Living of Defence Pensioners.
The significance of this move is as follows:
- The step to integrate the EPPO with Digi Locker is expected to benefit more than 23 lakh defence pensioners.
- It will enhance the ‘Ease of Living’ of the defence pensioners.
- It will enable all Defence Pensioners to obtain instantly a copy of the latest copy of the Pension Payment Order (PPO) from Digi Locker.
- This initiative would create a permanent record of Pension Payment Order in the Locker.
- It will also eliminate delays in reaching the PPO to new pensioners.
- In addition, the necessity to hand over a physical copy for the order will be eliminated too.
- Furthermore, it will also enable the Defence Pensioners to access Electronic Pension Payment Order from anywhere on the globe.
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (PCDA) Pension, Allahabad has been registered as the Service Provider for providing EPPOs to more than 23 lakhs defence pensioners via the Digi Locker platform.
- It is an Indian digitization online service under the Digital India initiative.
- It has been provided by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- The locker provides a cloud account to every Aadhaar holder.
- It enables them to access authentic documents or certificates like vehicle registration, driving license, academic mark sheet etc in digital format.
- Locker has 1GB storage space for each account for uploading scanned copies of legacy documents.