Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed an indigenous Mobile Metallic Ramp (MMR). DRDO recently handed over MMR to the Indian Army in an event held at New Delhi. On this occasion, Vice Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen Devraj Anbu and DRDO Chairman G Satheesh Reddy were also present.
Vice Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen Devraj Anbu appreciated the design and praised the efforts of DRDO towards meeting the requirement of the Army by drastically reducing the time required for operational mobilization.
Mobile Metallic Ramp
• This Mobile Metallic Ramp (MMR) has a load-bearing capacity of 70 metric ton (MT).
• A premier research laboratory of DRDO has been designed and developed the MMR. This laboratory is known as Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES).
• It is based on requirements projected by the Army for reducing mobility time for mobilising armoured vehicles.
• MMR will be beneficial for the Army in various manners; it will provide strategic mobility to the mechanized units and formations of the Army.
• Since, it is modular in design and portable, which can be easily assembled or disassembled.