The Department of Justice has recently launched Enforcing Contracts Portal.
This web portal, launched on 29 June 2021 seeks to be a source of comprehensive information on legislative and policy reforms being undertaken on the “Enforcing Contracts” regime for Ease of Doing Business in India.
- Justice Department launched this portal with an aim of promoting ease of doing business and improving the ‘Contract Enforcement Regime’ across India.
- The portal will provide easy access to the latest information on commercial cases in the Dedicated Commercial Courts of Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Kolkata.
- It will also provide access to a repository of commercial laws.
- The portal is envisioned to be a comprehensive source of information pertaining to the legislative and policy reforms being undertaken on the Enforcing Contracts parameters.
- Legislative and policy reforms undertaken to strengthen Enforcing Contracts regime for Ease of Doing Business are being monitored by the Department of Justice under the Ministry of Law & Justice.
- Dedicated Commercial Courts have been set up for speedy resolution of commercial disputes and boast of dedicated infrastructure & exclusive judicial human power.
- The new portal also hosts online reporting by all high courts regarding the Mediation and Arbitration centres annexed to the Commercial Courts in order to monitor and promote institutional mediation and arbitration by way of Pre-institution Mediation and Settlement (PIMS) of commercial cases.
Note: PIMS has been introduced with the aim of reducing pendency of cases and to promote mediation as a viable dispute resolution alternative in commercial cases.
- Information on commercial court and related services can be easily accessed by portal using several features like-
- Details or links of Dedicated Commercial Courts in Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Bengaluru
- Instructive videos related to e-filing
- Advocate registration
- Manuals on using Electronic Case Management Tools (ECMTs) like “JustIS app for judicial officers”
- e-Courts services app for use by lawyers
- Repository of all related commercial laws for ready reference.
About Enforcing Contracts:
- The Enforcing Contracts is an essential area that measures time and cost to resolve a standardized commercial dispute as well as a series of good practices in the judiciary.