The Delhi Metro’s Phase I, II and III projects have been awarded the prestigious Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE) ‘Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award’ for the year 2020.
- This award is given to highly selective showcasing projects in the development of civil engineering technology across the world.
- The JSCE termed the Delhi Metro’s project as ‘High-Quality Infrastructure Development Project.
- The Delhi Metro was awarded because its projects have brought awareness of safety and efficiency at construction sites in India and provided residents with safe, secure and comfortable transportation.
- The Delhi Metro’s civil engineering achievements in the past two decades have received global recognition and have been appreciated by prominent international organizations.
JICA and Delhi Metro:
- The JICA has supported Delhi Metro’s all phases including the ongoing Phase -IV project by providing not only smoothest financial support but with excellent value-added activities such as knowledge assistance by introducing Japanese innovative technologies and mindset of safety and innovation, unique work culture, technical cooperation and capacity building of DMRC.
- The magnanimous support from Japan, JICA including India Office has helped Delhi Metro in becoming a Shining Example globally in the field of urban mass transit.
- The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is a governmental agency that delivers the bulk of Official Development Assistance (ODA) for the government of Japan.
- It is chartered with assisting economic and social growth in developing countries, and the promotion of international cooperation.
- It was founded on October 1, 2003.
- It is headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan.