Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar recently launched Directorate General National Cadet Corps (NCC) Mobile Training App Version 2.0.
- The DG NCC Mobile Training App 2.0 was launched in New Delhi on May 28, 2021.
- The app will assist in conducting countrywide online training to NCC cadets during the COVID-19 pandemic conditions.
- It is aimed at providing NCC-related basic information and entire training material (Syllabus, Précis, Training Videos, and Frequently Asked Questions on one platform.
- It provides the NCC cadets easy access to training material and assists in carrying out training during the pandemic.
- The NCC Training App Version 2.0 will be useful to the cadets in digital learning, overcoming the difficulties posed by COVID-19 restrictions on physical contact.
- Using this app, the cadets will be able to attend online training, appear in certificate exams and prevent loss of the academic year.
- The App is a positive step towards automation of NCC training, in line with the ‘Digital India’ vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- DG NCC Mobile App Version 1.0 for training was launched by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh on August 27, 2020 in order to assist online cadet training.
- The regular feedback was obtained on the functioning of the app, based on which it was upgraded to Version 2.0 to make it more useful to the cadets.
About DG NCC Mobile Training App Version 2.0:
- DG NCC Mobile Training App Version 2.0 will be bilingual (Hindi and English).
- New pages have also been included for ease of navigation on the app.
- Precise and Frequently Asked Questions in Hindi have also been added.
- There is also an addition of 130 training videos to make the classes more interesting.
- The app has been made interactive by including a query option.
- By using this option, a cadet can post his/her question related to the training syllabus and the same will be answered by a panel of qualified instructors.
About National Cadet Corps (NCC):
- The NCC is the youth wing of the Armed Forces of India.
- It is a Tri-Services Organization, comprising the Army, Navy, and Air Wing, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens.
- It operates under the Ministry of Defence.
- It is also the largest uniformed youth organization in the country.
- It was formed on 16 April 1948.
- Since its inception, the NCC cadets have been contributing to the national cause during natural calamities like cyclones, floods, etc.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi.
- The motto of NCC is “Unity and discipline“.
- The current Director-General of NCC is Lt Gen Tarun Kumar Aich.