Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh, has recently launched a ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation (SeHAT) OPD Portal.
- This is the final version of the SeHAT OPD portal with advanced safety features.
- The trial version was made functional in August 2020.
About SeHAT OPD Portal:
- SeHAT OPD Portal will provide telemedicine services to serving military personnel, veterans and their families further strengthening the commitment of governments towards e-governance and digital India.
- Through this OPD, serving defence personnel from Army, Airforce, Navy and ex-service personal can get teleconsultations from specialists’ doctors in Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS).
- OPD will provide benefits to around four crore people and family members of defence personnel.
- The Service will be provided by defence services doctors who are on regular duties.
- Persons aged 75 and above can consult without waiting.
- A similar portal called “e-sanjivani platform’ has provided a facility of telecommunication to about 5 lakh people in the last one month.
About e-sanjeevani platform:
- eSanjeevani is the first component of telemedicine service, implemented under the Ayushman Bharat health initiative, providing doctor-to-doctor interaction.
- It connects the entire 1.5 lakh health and wellness centre established under Ayushman Bharat.
- Service is restricted to Android users currently and has been implemented in 23 States.
- It is the second component of tele-consultation service that enables patient-to-doctor interaction.
- It was launched amid COVID-19 pandemic to ensure health services reach to doorstep following the norms of social distancing.