Dairy Investment Accelerator: The Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD), Government of India (GoI), under its Investment Facilitation Cell, has set up Dairy Investment Accelerator.
It was set up with a view to providing a dedicated focus towards promoting & facilitating investments in the Indian Dairy Sector.
About Dairy Investment Accelerator:
- This Investment Accelerator is a cross-functional team constituted to serve as the interface with investors.
- It will provide support across the investment cycle.
- The following are the features of Dairy Investment Accelerator:
- Offering specific inputs for evaluation of investment opportunities
- Addressing queries about the application to govt. schemes
- Connecting with strategic partners
- Providing on-ground assistance with state departments & relevant authorities
- The Dairy Investment Accelerator will work together with DAHD to organize a series of events with global & local industry participants.
- It will hold one-on-one discussions with investors to understand their views.
- It will promote direct interaction with various government officials and other industry players.
- Dairy Investment Accelerator is also generating awareness among investors about the Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development fund (AHIDF).
- Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development fund (AHIDF) is a flagship scheme launched by the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD), Government of India (GoI).
- It is Rs. 15,000 crore scheme set up to offer financial support to private companies, entrepreneurs, Farmers Producers Organizations (FPOs), MSME and Section 8 companies.
- Benefits of this scheme can be availed to expand or set up new units in the areas of dairy processing, Animal Feed Plant and meat processing & its related infrastructure.
The benefits available are as follows:
- 3% interest subvention on loans
- 2-year moratorium with a 6-year repayment period
- INR 750 Cr credit guarantee
The DAHD encourages all the private companies, individual entrepreneurs, and start-ups, who are interested in investing in the Dairy sector, to reach out to the Dairy Investment Accelerator on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Animal husbandry and Dairying (DAHD) is an Indian government department.
- It is a subsidiary department of the Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries.
- The DAHD or the erstwhile Department of Animal husbandry, Fisheries and Dairying were formed in 1991 by merging together into a separate department, of two divisions of the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation namely Animal husbandry and Dairy development.
- In 1997 the fisheries division of the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation and a part of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries was transferred to it.
- On 1 February 2019, the Department of Fisheries was carved out from the Department of Animal husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries and it has been functioning as Department of Animal husbandry and Dairying since then.
- The Department is under the overall charge of Shri Parshottam Rupala, Hon’ble Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying assisted by two Ministers of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying namely Dr. Sanjiv Kumar Balyan and Dr. L Murugan.
- The Department is responsible for matters relating to livestock production, preservation, and protection from diseases and improvement of stocks and dairy development, and also for matters relating to the Delhi Milk Scheme and the National Dairy Development Board.