Charanjit Singh Channi: Congress leader Charanjit Singh Channi will be sworn in as Chief Minister of Punjab on 20 September 2021.
- Channi will be the 16th Chief Minister of Punjab.
- The oath-taking ceremony will take place at 11 am.
- He was elected the leader of Congress Legislature Party on 19th September 2021.
- The announcement comes a day after Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh tendered his resignation from the post.
- Senior Congress leaders – Brahm Mohindra and Sukhjinder Randhawa have been appointed Deputy Chief Ministers.
About Charanjit Singh Channi:
- Charanjit Singh Channi is a three-time Congress MLA from Chamkaur Sahib Assembly Constituency.
- An MLA from the Chamkaur Sahib Assembly constituency, he had served as the leader of opposition in the Punjab Legislative Assembly from 2015 to 2016.
- He had also served as the Minister of Technical Education & Industrial Training in the Amarinder Singh government.