IIST and TU Delft Netherlands: The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 4th August 2021, approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Indian Institute of Space science and Technology (IIST) and the Netherlands’ The Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) for research collaboration.
- The agreement was signed for carrying out the Academic programmes and Research activities involving students and faculty members in each institution.
- It was signed on April 9, 2021, and May 17, 2021, at respective institutes.
Key Details of MoU:
- The parties may exchange students at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
- Also, they will mutually discuss and decide the areas of studies and credits to be pursued under the scheme.
- Further, with the MoU, the students will be eligible for a Dual Degree/Double Degree programme in which adds to the initial degree that will be awarded by the home institute.
- The Parties may design and develop research of engineering project assignments which will be pursued by students during their stay both short term and long term, in the partner institute.
- Cooperation with the EWI at TU Delft, the oldest and largest Dutch public technological university through this agreement would lead to developing a joint activity in research in the area of science and technology.
- The signing of this Agreement shall enable pursuing the following potential interest areas of cooperation such as exchange of faculty members, students, and researchers, scientific materials, publications, and information.
- Joint research meeting, Ph.D. program, Dual Degree/Double Degree programme.
- It will also provide impetus to explore newer research activities and application possibilities in the field of science and technology.