Bhupendra Patel: Ghatlodia BJP MLA Bhupendra Patel was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat on September 13, 2021.
- He was sworn in by the State Governor Acharya Devvrat at the Raj Bhavan, Gandhinagar.
- He will be the 17th Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- Cabinet members will be sworn in later after the names are decided by the party.
- 59-year-old first-time MLA, Patel was unanimously elected leader of the BJP Legislature Party.
- He met the governor and staked the claim to form a new government in the state after the resignation of Vijay Rupani as Chief Minister of Gujarat.
About Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel:
- Mr. Patel has previously served as president of Memnagar Municipality in Ahmedabad and the standing committee chairman of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority.
- Patel became the MLA from the Ghatlodiya seat of Ahmedabad city in 2017.
- He is the chairman of the standing committee of Vishwa Umiya Foundation.
- He has also been associated with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
- He is believed to be close to Anandiben Patel- Governor of Uttar Pradesh and former Chief Minister of Gujarat.