Olympic-bound archer Deepika Kumari helped India claim three recurve gold medals in the Archery World Cup Stage-3 here on 27 June 2021.
- Deepika blanked Russia’s Elena Osipova 6-0 in the final of the women’s individual recurve event to complete a hat-trick of gold medals in one day.
- The Indian women’s recurve team of Deepika Kumari, Ankita Bhakat and Komalika Bari notched up the gold medal with a comfortable win over Mexico.
- This was their second successive gold medal in the World Cup this year, and sixth overall (Shanghai-2011, Medellin-2013, Wroclaw-2013, Wroclaw-2014, Guatemala City-2o21).
- Deepika then combined with her husband Atanu Das to bag the mixed team crown.
- The Indian couple fought back to beat the Dutch duo of Gabriela Schloesser and Sjef van der Berg, the winner of the previous World Cup in Laussane, 5-3 in the summit clash.