Every year, the Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated on April 30 in India.
The Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated to achieve twin missions.
- To promote health and wellness to the poor.
- To provide insurance benefits to them.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme:
- In April2018, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Launched the Ayushman bharat Scheme.
- According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the Ayushman Bharat Scheme has so far operationalised 75,532 Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre.
- It has fixed a target of 1.5 lakh Health and Wellness Centre by 2022.
- The beneficiaries are chosen from the Socio-Economic Census Database.
- It is the largest health cover in the world.
- It aims to provide five lakh rupees of health cover per family per year.
- The beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) are from bottom 40% of Indian Population.
- The scheme also covers 15 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization. This includes the expenses of medicines and tests.
- The scheme subsumed the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme and Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- The scheme has packages that include knee replacement, bypass and other treatments provided at 15% cheaper than the Central Government Health Schemes.
- The “Ayushman Mitra” initiative was started to provide employment to the unemployed.
- More than ten lakh jobs were created under the Ayushman Mitra initiative.
- The Ayushman Mitras were deployed directly in private hospitals and government hospitals.
- The youth employed under the scheme will receive salary of Rs 15,000. Also, they receive incentive of Rs 50 on every beneficiary.
- The Ayushman Mitras mandated to provide key information to the beneficiaries.
- They also require informing the state agency after the discharge of the patient.