Anupam Kher won the Best Actor award for his performance in the short film Happy Birthday at the New York City International Film Festival (NYCIFF).
- The film has been directed by Prasad Kadam and produced by FNP Media.
- Besides Anupam, Happy Birthday stars Aahana Kumra.
- Happy Birthday was nominated at NYCIFF in four categories Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Short Film, and Best Director.
- The film also won the Best Short Film award at the festival.
About the film:
- The film revolves around a man who experiences numerous feelings and his attachment to the one thing he loves.
- New York City International Film Festival (NYCIFF) was founded by Mr. Roberto Rizzo, a professional film maker, in 2010.
- This film festival has created daily cultural events and special days to honor and celebrate the talent of film making around the world.
About Anupam Kher:
- Anupam Kher (born 7 March 1955) is an Indian actor and the former Chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India.
- He is the recipient of two National Film Awards and eight Filmfare Awards.
- He has appeared in over 500 films predominantly in the Hindi language, and many plays.
- Besides working in Hindi films, he has also appeared in international films such as the Golden Globe, nominated Bend It Like Beckham (2002), Ang Lee’s Golden Lion–winning Lust, Caution (2007), and David O. Russell’s Oscar-winning Silver Linings Playbook (2012). He received a BAFTA nomination for his supporting role in the British television sitcom The Boy With The Topknot (2018).
- He has held the post of chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification and the National School of Drama in India.
- The Government of India (GoI) honoured him with the Padma Shri in 2004 and the Padma Bhushan in 2016 for his contribution in the field of cinema and arts.