A regular M.Tech. Program in Defence Technology has recently been launched by Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- M.Tech. Program in Defence Technology has been launched with an aim to impart necessary theoretical & experimental knowledge, skill and aptitude in various defence technology areas.
- This programme can be conducted at any AICTE affiliated Institutes or Universities, IITs, NITs or private engineering institutes.
- The institutes for conducting this programme will receive support from the Institute of Defence Scientists & Technologists (IDST).
- The programme can be conducted in online as well as offline formats.
About the Programme:
- It is a four-semester programme with a total of 80 credits.
- The program has the following six specialized streams:
- Combat Technology
- Aero Technology
- Naval Technology
- Communication Systems & Sensors
- Directed Energy Technology
- High Energy Materials Technology
- The first semester will have a common curriculum and the second-semester curriculum will be varied as per the specialization.
- The third and fourth semesters include dissertation and industrial training.
- The course would offer specializations in combat vehicle engineering, aerospace technology, communication systems and sensors, directed energy technology, naval technology and high energy materials technology.
- It is an acronym for the Defence Research and Development Organization.
- DRDO is India’s largest research organization. It was founded in 1958.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- It is an agency under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- It is charged with the military’s research and development.
- It has a network of laboratories engaged in developing defence technologies covering various fields, like aeronautics, armaments, electronics, land combat engineering, life sciences, materials, missiles, and naval systems.
- The Minister currently responsible for DRDO is Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence.
- The present Chairman of DRDO is Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy.