Sainik Schools: The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently gave its approval for affiliation of 100 Schools in the Government and private sector with Sainik School Society on October 12, 2021.
- As per the approval, these affiliated Sainik Schools will be launched under Sainik Schools Society of Ministry of Defence (MoD).
- These schools will function as an exclusive vertical which will be distinct and different from existing Sainik Schools of MoD.
- In the first phase, 100 affiliate partners are proposed to be drawn from states/NGOs/ private partners.
- Starting from the academic year 2022-2023 around five thousand students will receive admission in class six in 100 such affiliated Schools. Currently, existing 33 Sainik Schools have an admission capacity of about three thousand students in class six.
- The scheme will leverage Public/private partnership in education sector.
- It will help tap into existing infrastructure available with reputed private and Govt. Schools and open-up new capacities to meet the growing aspirations of children desirous of receiving education in a Sainik School environment.
- It will help in providing effective physical, psycho-social, spiritual, intellectual, emotional and cognitive development.
About Sainik Schools:
- Sainik Schools are schools across India, which are established and managed by Sainik Schools Society under the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
- These schools were conceived in the year 1961 by V. K. Krishna Menon.
National Education Policy (NEP):
- These schools were affiliated in line with the National Education Policy (NEP).
- The Government of India (GoI) has also decided to provide an increased focus on value-based education which in turn will enable children to develop pride in rich culture and heritage of India.
- It will also develop effective leadership among them with discipline, character, sense of national duty & patriotism.